WGCU Public Media Diversity Statement
WGCU Public Media and its licensee, Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU), are committed to ensuring equity and fairness for all University Employees, students, visitors, vendors and contractors. Our commitment to these principles is essential to fostering a campus community that values diversity and inclusion in our education, employment and business operations. We want individuals to feel welcomed and supported regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, sex, national, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic predisposition.
In accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and FGCU regulations, policies and practice, the University does not condone discrimination, harassment, including sexual harassment and retaliation on any proscribed basis. This prohibition extends to enforcement of Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and the Genetic Information Non-Discrimination Act.
This policy covers access and equity in the conduct of programs, services and activities throughout all divisions, departments and units of the University. Also, all employment actions will support equal opportunity and advance inclusion.
WGCU Public Media commits…
* To recruit and retain a diverse workforce that is representative of our service area.
* To provide equal opportunity in employment.
* To educate our management and staff annually in best practices for maintaining an inclusive and diverse environment for all persons.
* To seek candidates for the WGCU Public Media Advisory Board and Diversity Advisory Group that represent the geographically and demographically diverse composition of the many communities we serve.
* To meet a minimum of once annually with the WGCU Diversity Advisory Group to seek input, advice and feedback on WGCU programming content.
* To assist in developing a more diverse future workforce with professional skills in the broadcasting/media industry, by recruiting diverse candidates for WGCU internship and, where available, work-study student opportunities.
* To annually meet all FCC EEO requirements regarding reporting, recruitment and supplemental recruitment activities.